Kerala Palappam (Syrian Christian style) Homemade Bean to Bar Chocolate workshops. ( 2 night 2 days)
Residential Hands-on Cooking holiday
Kindly note the Cacao beans are locally sourced organic and single origin which is carefully fermented and dried.
Sugar used is Coconut Blossom Sugar (subject to availability)
Level of the program is for Hobbyists and Home makers and budding Chocolate enthusiasts using available home equipments
Courses start all days except Saturdays
- Check-in followed by light lunch
- Leisure time
- Training on how to make the Appam Dough
- Training on how to roast the cacao beans in home style and learn how to make the cacao nibble
- After dinner start to grind the cacao beans and story time .
- Work on Appam Dough , Learn to temper the chocolate and pour into moulds
- Make the Appam and Curries
- Tour of the local attractions: the pineapple market, an old church and a bit of utility shopping
- River ride along the Moovattupuzha River in a punting boat.
- Dark Chocolate tasting and wrapping session
- Breakfast and farewell
One participant (occupying double room) Rs. 23,500/-
One cooking participant + one guest (sharing a double room)Rs. 29000/-
Two cooking participants (sharing a double room) ₨.36000/-
Prices Valid upto 31st May 2019
Included in the price
- All meals
- Cooking sessions
- Bottled drinking water
- All trips and activities mentioned in the itinerary
Excluded from the price for each course:
- Taxi fares to and from The Pimenta. Your host can arrange additional transport on request.
- Any tips or new taxes to be levied.